I am delighted to announce that Feisty Red Hair has been nominated for a Sunshine Award and a Very Inspirational Blogger Award! A big thank you to Mary at http://prytulka.wordpress.com, who felt that I deserved these nominations. It’s much appreciated, and a great motivator, I might add! It’s also an effective way to connect bloggers to each other.
While I’m passionate about blogging, it helps a lot to get feedback from readers as to how you’re enjoying (or disagreeing!) with whatever I’m writing. Blogging, ideally, is a conversation, and I often judge the success of various posts by how many comments they generate. These awards help me to gauge that I’m on track and achieving the goals I have in mind. Having an inspirational blog is pretty much the biggest compliment out there for me, and to be passing on “sunshine” to readers is also something I’m very happy to be doing!
According to blogging award nominations rules, I must list seven things about myself and pass on the awards to five other blogs that I think deserve the same. So, starting with the facts…
1. I love reading. Two of my favourites are “Anna Karenina” (Tolstoy) and “One Hundred Years of Solitude” (Gabriel Garcia Marquez), but I love many more than just those!
2. I speak Italian and Portuguese.
3. I’ve never dyed my red hair, except for one Halloween when I was Cleopatra and used some nasty spray-on costume dye. I looked awful!
4. I have a slight obsession with Brazilian music.
5. My favourite kind of cake is cheesecake.
6. Favourite time of year is spring, because it precedes summer, which is my actual favourite season! (I like delayed gratification – sometimes!)
7. I painted all my dining room chairs fire-engine red last summer.
Now for the blogs I’d like to pass the award on to: