I have been nominated for a Versatile Blogger Award by TheOthers1! She wrote on her blog, “I love the homey, sweet feeling I get when I read her posts.” Now, isn’t that nice? I guess I’m doing the right thing, because that’s pretty much the feeling I’ve been aiming for all along. If you can’t pop in for a cup of tea and a chat in my cozy, chaotic home, you’re more than welcome to come over for an online visit!
It means a lot to know that people are reading my stuff, and liking it enough to keep reading! Blogging has exploded into my life as this fabulously satisfying new medium through which I’m suddenly able to write, publish, get feedback, and feel like I’m finally doing something I’ve always dreamed of. You know that feeling of not wanting to try something new because you’re afraid you’ll fail miserably at it? That pretty much sums up me + the idea of blogging for the past few months. But now that I’ve jumped in headfirst, I love it! (Thanks, Christine, for the final push!)
Since I’m quite new to the blogging world, it has taken me a little while to figure out that there’s a whole protocol that goes along with it. The Versatile Blogger Award comes with rules, I’ve discovered. I’m supposed to state seven random facts about myself. Let me see…
1. I am a violinist and a fiddler.
2. I am a mediocre knitter and often give half-finished projects as gifts because I underestimate the time needed.
3. Twenty-seven is and always has been my ideal age – two and a bit years to go!
4. Once I rode a camel on a beach along the Arabian Sea.
5. I’ve camped in every province of Canada.
6. I absolutely adore Laura Ingalls Wilder.
7. I met my husband at the Hard Rock Café in Toronto.
Next, I’m supposed to nominate some other bloggers for the award. The problem is, I’ve only just started blogging and reading blogs, so it’s rather hard to choose fifteen. If you don’t mind, I’ll abbreviate the number slightly. Here are some blogs I’ve come across and enjoyed thoroughly, in no particular order:
1. Susan Kiernan Lewis, a writer who has some very thoughtful, insightful articles about being an author nowadays.
2. Leslie Lewis: Beauty / Humour / Curiosity, an awesome blogger and my cousin! I love her photos and am quite envious of her style.
3. Smitten Kitchen always has yummy recipes and stunning pictures that get my mouth salivating.
4. Jessseeker – this girl from the UK is absolutely hilarious! Great writer.
5. Eco Crazy Mom sounds a bit intense, but there’s some great stuff there for any mother who’s trying to be as environmentally conscious as possible, and I can appreciate the need for resources.
6. Hands Free Mama is a blog that promotes leaving our electronic distractions behind in order to engage better with our children. Very valuable posts, in my opinion!
I know there are many other fabulous ones out there that I’ll discover in time. Please feel free to recommend any if you think I’ll like them. In the meantime, thanks to TheOthers1 for this confidence booster 🙂